We are on the hunt for an experienced production manager to join the Brouhaha team ahead of our new production brewery coming online in October 2021. Since opening in 2016, we have grown consistently to the point that our brewery and restaurant in Maleny is literally bursting at the seams! We are known for our diverse core range of award-winning beers, and as we grow to a new site, there is an opportunity for someone that lives and breathes quality, consistency and continual improvement to join our team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the planning and coordination of the brewing process on our new AURA Site. Working closely with the management team and head brewer, they will oversee production, supervise beer packaging, implement and oversee an in-house laboratory and library, maintain a safe work environment, schedule maintenance work and much more. This is a key role in ensuring we continue to produce high-quality beer.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include;
- Supervise brewing process from start to finish
- Coordinate beer movements throughout the brewery
- Work closely with the head brewer to develop and refine recipes
- Manage the production team to meet targets and deadlines
- Maintain supply chains
- Implement a quality assurance process and ensure we continue to produce great beer
- Create and manage budgets for raw materials, labour and overheads
- Ensure cleanliness, training and WHS within the brewery and team
- Represent Brouhaha at beer festivals, events and judging competitions
- We are a young, driven team that is passionate about all things beer and food.
Our new brewery is located at Baringa, less than 10 mins from either the beautiful beaches of the Sunshine Coast or the volcanic Glasshouse Mountains. So if the opportunity to live and work on the Sunshine Coast appeals to you then we look forward to hearing from you.
To be considered for the role, you will ideally meet the following:
Qualifications and Experience
- A formal brewing qualification
- A demonstrated ability to drive improvement and innovation at a brewery
- Experience in managing a team
- At least 5 years of professional brewery experience
- A formal qualification in chemistry, biology or food production (Desirable)
- Forklift license (Desirable)
- Excellent communication skills- both written and verbal
- Proficient with computers and brewery management software
- Excellent leadership skills, the ability to motivate a team and to maintain positive morale in the workplace
- Strong knowledge of brewing practices and different beer styles
- Strong understanding of process controls
- Planning and organisational skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Personable and approachable
- Physically fit and able to work in a demanding environment
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and the opportunity to be part of an energetic, fun and ambitious team. If you think you would be a good fit for the role, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We are looking for a few Front of House staff to join our Maleny Crew.
If you have experience working behind a bar or waiting tables, or a little bit of both, we would love to have you on our team. Must be available to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday and have a current RSA.
What we are offering:
- Great work/life balance. Working roster Fri, Sat and Sun 10m to 5pm. No night work!
- Offering 10-20 hours.
- Ongoing training and craft beer education.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch.
We are looking for a qualified Chef to help with our busy kitchen in Maleny. But this isn't your average Chefs job, no late nights or long weeks. And you get your weekend nights off! What?? You will be working 20+ hours a week, over Friday, Saturday and Sunday. And Friday night will be your only night shift, usually finishing by 9 pm.
We have a tight-knit team, and you will be able to slip in nicely and work in a fast-paced environment. You will be qualified with a Cert 3 in commercial cookery and have at least two years experience. You present professionally and take pride in what you plate up. You live on the Sunshine Coast and have your own transport, a valid license and are available to work weekends.
If you would love to join our team, send your resume to email@example.com